Allied Universal Event Security-Gate Officer-Pomona Fairplex in Pomona, California
GUARD CARD/VALID DRIVERS LICENSE ARE REQUIRED!
FIRST AID/CPR/AED ARE PREFERRED
Allied Universal Event Services is looking to hire Full Time Gate officers for the Pomona Fairplex. Gate officers will perform two duties during their shift, one officer will man Gate 1 providing access control and second officer will conduct patrols of the entire facility. Gate officers will serve as Event Supervisors during events where no supervisor is scheduled; they will also serve as dispatch officers recording all activity in their daily activity report. The 75 unit will respond to all calls for assistance to include medical calls, facility access and maintenance.
Preferred hiring requirements include a minimum of five years prior security experience, customer service experience. Gate officers will complete all training required for green team officers in addition to vehicle safety training.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
· Protects guests, staff, and venue ownership group assets by watching for security breaches at vital checkpoints.
· Responds quickly to potential crowd control issues and provides escorts for unruly guests when ejections are warranted.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations of different venues, facilities and events.
· Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greetings to our guests as they arrive at your facility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location and a sincere thanks as you complete your encounter with each guests.
· Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance their entertainment experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
· Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
· As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
· Be professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
· Must be able to work overtime as needed.
* be open to working days, swing and overnights
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Job ID: 2021-496007
Location: United States-California-Pomona
Job Category: Event Security